They are back;
- Agent Orange
Play it on the PBS RS2 SERVER:
- POWERBITS GAMETEAM 60HZ | PBSGAMETEAM.COM : 188.8.131.52:28700
Again some great new maps have been added to the POWERBITS GAMETEAM MIXED server:
- Historical background: Jungle warfare is a term used to cover the special techniques needed for military units to survive and fight in jungle terrain.
It has been the topic of extensive study by military strategists, and was an important part of the planning for both sides in many conflicts, including World War II and the Vietnam War.
The jungle has a variety of effects on military operations. Dense vegetation can limit lines of sight and arcs of fire, but can also provide ample opportunity for camouflage and plenty of material with which to build fortifications.
Jungle terrain, often without good roads, can be inaccessible to vehicles and so makes supply and transport difficult, which in turn places a premium on air mobility. The problems of transport make engineering resources important as they are needed to improve roads, build bridges and airfields, and improve water supplies.
Jungle environments can also be inherently unhealthy, with various tropical diseases that have to be prevented or treated by medical services. Likewise the terrain can make it difficult to deploy armoured forces, or any other kind of forces on any large scale. Successful jungle fighting emphasises effective small unit tactics and leadership.
- Version: B12
- Direct Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2isg0gkt2bjkqp8/VNTE-JungleRaidB12.roe?dl=0
- SWS Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1148354811
AUTHOR NOTES: B12 additions/changes: MAJOR CHANGES BELOW
- Time reduced by 10 minutes (50 minute total time)
- G objective (Farm) has been removed entirely (The structures are still there though).
- Ticket gap lowered (VC now have 150 more tickets as opposed to 200 more)
- Commander ability cooldown adjusted for both teams
- Made Ricefield more defensible as an objective for US.
- US team now gets forward spawns at each objective once they unlock for 30 seconds, this is to prevent fast-capping.
- Postprocessing added – Color lookup table (Fancy color correction)
- Smoke Ash effect added at Napalm Strike
- Interior cave lighting drastically changed
- Airfield objectives are now more defensible due to a few flanks being closed off for VC to attack. (There were too many angles of attack)
- H objective has been made into something actually that is defensible instead of a random road in the middle of nowhere.
- Satchel removed (It was buggy) The cave has been replaced with an RPG objective with a pop-up message. – Hangars are now climbable to reach a new sniping location.
- Subtracted 1 sniper role from VC
- More sandbag defences added at Airfield.
- 2nd Radio added at Airfield for US
- Combat area slight adjust – Capzone radius has been properly defined and reshaped (on the minimap and ingame)
- Dynamic Objective borders on minimap similar to Vanilla maps(edited)
- AUTHOR: TYLER-E
- SWS Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1344135182
- INI Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11hKudY2H6v4IK7oCB8iIxCDZChCf02bm
- Details: – initial release – complete map ready for player feedback. Multi bridge and road point territories map in rice paddy, marsh and woodland
Agent Orange is an herbicide and defoliant chemical, one of the tactical use Rainbow Herbicides. It is widely known for its use by the U.S. military as part of its herbicidal warfare program, Operation Ranch Hand, during the Vietnam War from 1961 to 1971. It is a mixture of equal parts of two herbicides, 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D. In addition to its damaging environmental effects, the chemical has caused major health problems for many individuals who were exposed.
Please be advised, this map is in alpha, which means I have no real idea how the balance will be unless it’s tested ingame. I have tested the objectives and map to work though, obviously. Balance changes will be made accordingly to feedback and playtesting.
Additional features and details will be added in successive versions.
Basic information about the map: The USMC attack in this map, VC defend. There is 5 objectives in this map.
The map is mostly defoliated forest with Trenches, and also a pretty nice tunnel system underneath. One DSHK for VC Defence. 🙂